Hi friends! Happy Wednesday & half way mark til the weekend!
I've been a busy bee lately. Between client and vendor meetings, personal travel and of course, growing this business, I have been keeping myself quite occupied. Today, I want to touch on something else I've had so much fun doing recently: putting together goodie bags for my initial meetings with brides!
If you're familiar with the "five love languages", mine happens to be a tie between 'Receiving Gifts' and 'Acts of Service' (*disclaimer: I get just as much joy out of giving gifts and acts of service as I do being the recipient of them). I'm sure 'Receiving Gifts' gets a bad rap because it sounds materialistic, but when thoughtfulness and effort shine through the gift, it shows how much the other person cares for you. For me, the best gifts are random acts of kindness; sending flowers just because, getting a card in the mail not on your birthday, coming home after a long day to a cooked meal unexpectedly, you get the idea. With all of that being said, naturally, I enjoyed the task of finding little "happies" to go inside goodie bags for my brides.
Let's talk about what's inside the bags, shall we? First, let me start off by saying, not all humans are created the same, therefore, neither are goodie bags. There's a general "theme" for the bags, but it's so fun to add personal and unique touches for each individual bride!
About half of the items in the bags are geared towards relaxation. If you've been a bride, you know it's not all butterflies and rainbows. There are stressful moments and tough decisions to make! One of my favorite ways to unwind is with an at-home spa night. Bubble bath + face mask + glass of wine = my idea of a perfect night.
The other un-spa-related portion of the bags are just a few things that every bride needs. Chocolate and sparkling wine - for celebrating and/or those stressful times, fun earrings - gotta look fab for all of your wedding festivities, notebook and pen - critical for making a million to-do lists, Starbucks gift certificate - we all need coffee to function, amiright?, and of course a wedding magazine for some inspiration.
Blade the Dogo looking for puppy treats in his moms goodie bag // PC: Shannon Kirsten
If you would like to make a goodie bag for the bride in your life, I linked all of the products I used in mine below (*some things I couldn't find online and substituted similar items).
1. Zoella Beauty Bath Fizz Bar
2. Avatara Dainty Rose Lip Mask
3. Masque BAR Rose Gold Foil Sheet Mask
4. Acure Radically Rejuvenating Under Eye Hydrogel Mask
5. Pacifica Disobey Time Rose & Peptide Facial Mask
6. O.P.I. Classic Nail Lacquer in "Bubble Bath"
7. Love Beauty and Planet Murumuru Butter & Rose Hair Mask
8. The Seaweed Bath Co. Lavender Powder Bath
9. Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil Roll-On
10. Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Eye Masks
11. Glitter Cooling Eye Masks
1. La Marca Prosecco
2. Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in "Milkshake"
3. St. Armands Designs Fan Tassel Earrings
4. Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine
5. Shannon Kirsten for Anthropologie Sealed With a Bloom Journal
6. I am Very Busy Hot Stuff Thermal Mug
7. Sugar Fix by Bauble Bar Flower Drop Earrings
8. Starbucks Gift Certificate
9. Sofia Brut Rose Mini Sparkling Wine
10. Wild at Heart Pen Set
11. Chocolove Almonds & Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate Bar
I hope you've had as much fun reading about my goodie bags as I had making them. I can't wait to give out some more soon!