I'm Molly Boyd, owner and lead coordinator for Molly Boyd Event Design. Thank you for checking out my blog! This is where I will be 'spilling the tea' about all things weddings, events, style, decor, destinations, and beyond. I figured I should start this thing off with a proper introduction of myself, so here goes.
I'll begin with how I fell in love with event design:
It all started during my time as a college student at The University of Mississippi, or more commonly known as Ole Miss (hotty toddy & go rebs go!). I majored in Hospitality Management, which only seemed fitting for an aspiring event planner. Following my graduation, I assisted my sister, Sarah Tucker, during her time as a wedding planner for her own company. That was an amazing experience as she has a fabulous eye and seems to have the magic touch to make any and every thing look beautiful (also, I was working with my sister who happens to double as one of my bff's, so we had just a little bit of fun). Once that ran its course (my sister had two precious baby boys and was focusing more on being a mom and her thriving blog), I started working for a local event rental company, US Tent Rental and Linens by the Sea. This was an incredible opportunity for me. I learned so much about the in's and out's of what goes on behind the scenes of events of all kinds - weddings, fund raisers, festivals, dinner parties, and more. Almost two years went by and a new, unexpected career opened its doors to me. Before I knew it, I was working in a buying office for a Floridian department store. Although my passion for event design is strong, my love for fashion runs reeeaaal deep, so this seemed like something I would really enjoy doing. Nearly two years into my time as a merchant, I got engaged and was planning my wedding on the side of working my 8-5. I had helped many people do this in the past and now that it was my turn, I felt myself coming alive with each and every decision I made regarding our wedding day. May 13th, 2017 happened (the day Austin and I said 'we do') and all the planning I had done paid off. It turned out just as I had hoped and was truly the best day of my life. After our wedding was over, it felt like something was missing from my life. Fast forward to the end of 2017 - I resigned from my job in the buying office and Molly Boyd Event Design was born in January of 2018. Being able to help others create the best day of their life makes me soooo happy.
If you're still reading (I appreciate you!), here are five non-event related fun facts about me:
1. I was born and raised in Bradenton, Florida and will probably live here for the rest of my days (which I'm totally fine with). I consider myself very lucky to have grown up in such a beautiful place, near the water. Relaxing on the beach, listening to the Gulf of Mexico crash onto the shore, is my happy place.
2. I love traveling. Anywhere and everywhere. Our big trips this past year were to Vietnam and Italy, but I also love traveling within the states - there's still so much I haven't seen!
3. My husband and I dated while we were in high school. He is two years older than me, so we broke up when he went to college. He went to Florida State and I went to Ole Miss, and we remained friends during that time apart. Once I graduated college and moved home, we were inseparable and got engaged a few years later.
4. My family is everything to me. I am the youngest of four siblings (Brook, James, Sarah, Me). I think my parents can do no wrong and am forever grateful for this life they gave me. Becoming a family with Austin (there are no babies on the horizon for us...yet!) and gaining new relatives was so special to me.
5. I am obsessed with all dogs, and really all animals for that matter, but especially my Boston Terrier, Stella. She's soooo cute.
There's plenty more I can tell you but maybe I'll save that for another blog post ;) !? Thank you for reading and I can't wait to share more of my thoughts and experiences with you all.